Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review of "Ocean's Gift" by Demelza Carlton

Ocean's Gift (Ocean's Gift, #1)Ocean's Gift by Demelza Carlton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Take a plunge into a tale of mermaids, global warming and down-and-dirty fun.

"The ocean gave him to me..." These are the first words that meet you when you start reading 'Ocean's Gift', and you are instantly plunged deep under water with a mermaid mourning the loss of someone she holds dear.

With a humor that caused me to both blush and giggle all through, Demelza Carlton, tackles the ever-growing threat of Global Warming. The story features a young electrician as he meets three mermaids, and we follow him through his working holiday as a fisher.

The tone is light, and despite the serious theme of the book, it is an entertaining book.

Demelza Carlton obviously has a gift for writing. At first, I was hesitant because of the first POV. For some reason, I have taken a disliking to stories, where I feel as if I'm a mirror of the character. This wasn't the case with this book, and it took me in total one day to finish all 200+ pages. I simply couldn't put it down.

I strongly recommend this for both women and men, who like to dwell into serious subjects, along with getting down and dirty on occasion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment